Life is full of challenges, ups and downs, and many obstacles that can stand in the way of our success. Some things are beyond our control, but what isn’t beyond our control is our response to them. As a Certified UM Coach, I look forward to working with you to help you achieve 20x performance in your life. I’ve been working to integrate these tools and approaches into my life since late 2013 when I first discovered CDR Divine’s books and websites. Since then, I’ve been actively engaging Unbeatable Mind/WOTS, SEALFit, and Kokoro Yoga instruction and experiences.
The Unbeatable Mind approach to coaching is holistic and grounded in real-world experience. As a Plank Owner, and part of the first cohort through this program, I couldn’t be more proud to be part of the most amazing group of people earning this certification. Although it took a year, along with daily practice at the craft of coaching within the Unbeatable Mind framework, this is just the beginning of the journey. We will be working together to adapt and implement this program so that each of the Coaches will help others to a greater level of achievement than they ever thought possible. I know that I am a better person, better mentor to students, and leader among my peers. We made a commitment to each other, and to the world more broadly, to continue to advance this approach and bring this program to over 100 million people.
Many of us in the first cohort of UM Coaches are specializing in Individual Coaching, Group Coaching, Group Workshops, as well as more intensive Accelerated Group Coaching. My focus will be grounded in my work at the University and with community leaders, but others will be focusing their efforts on their careers and communities as appropriate.
Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone to pursue excellence on the path of service to others? Do you feel the tug of a calling to help create a world where everyone has a chance at success? Are you in a place where being good enough is no longer good enough? Do you want to live up to a code of honor and integrity that is beyond the understanding of most people around you? If you are determined to achieve more than you ever thought possible and are willing to make the kind of commitment needed to get there, then we can help.
Accomplishments and Interests
- Eagle Scout (1974), and District Chairman of the Heart of America Council, Scouting BSA
- Kansas Health Foundation Professor of Community Leadership at the University of Kansas, Department of Applied Behavioral Science, and Director of the KU Center for Community Health and Development
- Senior Scientist of the Schiefelbusch Institute for Life Span Studies at the University of Kansas
- Ph.D. in Developmental and Child Psychology (1995), with significant clinical experience
- Fellow of the American Psychological Association, and APA Division 27 (Community Psychology)
- Author of over 250 publications in the fields of Behavioral Psychology, Community Psychology and Health Promotion
- Experienced individual trainer/coach, workshop leader, and conference keynote speaker
- Co-inventor and developer of the largest community development technical support website in the world — the Community Tool Box (https://CTB.ku.edu) — with over 8000 pages of training materials for doing the work of building healthy communities, in several languages that include English, Spanish, Arabic, and Farsi
- Active competition shooter (USPSA multi-gun, IDPA pistol, Precision Pistol and Service Rifle)
- Classical guitarist (intermediate level)
- Experienced mountaineer (rock, ice and technical climbing all over North America)
- Unbeatable Mind Coach
Check out the UM website for more info about the offerings. Hit me up if would like to discuss how I can help you achieve the performance of your dreams.
Upcoming Live Events
2018 UM Summit – reserve your spot in my boat crew for the summit
Now accepting applications for my 1st group training cohort.