“He who has a why can endure almost any how.”
Consistently operating at the apex of performance is a balancing act that demands optimal conditioning of the mind, body, and spirit. My passion is to help individuals and teams to leverage their existing strengths and build new competencies to flourish in their craft and their life. Success in the pursuit of excellence and self-mastery is not measured merely by performing better; it is measured by being better.
For the past 20 years, I have been fully immersed in the world of high performance. I have had the privilege of coaching performers of all abilities, ages, and levels of motivation. While my clientele includes world-class and professional athletes, Hollywood celebrities, CEOs, and hedge fund executives, I have also coached husbands and wives, teens, grandparents, and even entire families. I have coached amateur athletes; people in unhappy relationships and ecstatic newlyweds; people at the peak of their physicality and others dealing with debilitating physical illness and chronic disease; others who are just sick and tired of being sick and tired.
During my time in the trenches, I have learned many lessons:
First, my rigorous graduate training in sport and performance psychology alone had not prepared me to deal with real people in the real world. I would need to leverage my life experience and commit to years of mentoring and thousands of face-to-face hours to develop the skills necessary to help clients facilitate real and lasting change. Two, every performer -and we are all performers in our various life roles- is not merely a data point; instead, they are individuals with a unique back story, strengths, challenges, and goals. Thus, successful performance coaching always necessitates the artful application of the science of optimal performance. Third, there is no such thing as an “expert” in the field of optimal performance; as the science evolves, we must develop and reinvent as well.
My desire for continued personal and professional growth led me to an Unbeatable Mind and Seal Fit in 2017. As an academic, I was intrigued by Mark Divine’s attempt to create an integrated system of self-development. As a performance coach and consultant, I was interested in his implementation of theories and techniques that were successfully used by Navy Seals. As a performer, I wanted to connect with others who shared a belief in the UM values and world-centric mission.
Over the years, I have witnessed first-hand the transformative effect that the Unbeatable Mind System has on the body, mind, and spirit. It is not merely about becoming fitter, faster, and more productive. It leads to increased self-awareness and personal growth and sets the stage for real breakthroughs in what is possible.
In short, I believe that every man and woman can make a success out of their life. You do not
need a hero to embrace; you can become your own. And if not, you can, at least, become your own person, finding your own pace, connecting to, and serving others in a way that is uniquely expressive of your unique talents and capacities. There are no shortcuts or hacks. It takes hard work, and I am willing to take that journey with you and provide support and guidance along the way.
Why are you in the Game?
Let’s start a conversation.
- Master’s And Doctoral degrees in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology; Temple University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy; LaSalle University (Maxima Cum Laude)
- A frequent speaker on sport and exercise psychology, optimal human and team performance, and coach/leadership development.
- Peer-reviewed author and Adjunct Professor in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Founded Arete Fitness and Performance Training Inc., a mental and physical performance consulting company
- Co-Founded an experiential travel and sports performance consulting company.
- Certified Unbeatable Mind Coach
- Certified Exercise Physiologist (American College of Sports Medicine)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Volunteer Youth sports coach and positive coaching advocate
I currently reside with my wife, teenage son, and Goldendoodle in Hoboken, NJ. In my spare time, I obsessively digest books and listen to podcasts while running and lifting heavy things, obstacle course racing, golfing, skiing, and discussing my latest wine and microbrew discoveries.