“He who has a why can endure almost any how.”
Consistently operating at the apex of performance is a balancing act that demands optimal conditioning of the mind, body, and spirit. My passion is to help individuals and teams leverage their existing strengths and build new competencies to flourish in their craft and life. As a doctor of sport and exercise psychology and an exercise physiologist, I have spent my career exploring how individuals and teams can push the boundaries of optimal human performance. I have investigated champions’ minds and bodies, both in the lab and in the arena, to understand better what allows them to perform consistently in high-octane competition and what drives them to be the best at what they do.
As a high performance and executive coach, consultant, and educator, I serve a broad range of elite performers whose craft demands peak performance in extreme, volatile, and high-stakes environments. My clients include elite international amateur and professional athletes, business executives, law enforcement and military professionals, creatives and performing artists, and medical professionals. While coaching in such disparate performance arenas as the front office of the NFL, the European PGA, MLS, Hollywood, and Wall Street, I note several shared characteristics amongst elite performers: a fierce commitment to self-knowledge and feedback, crystalized passion, purpose, and principles, grit, and a relentless drive toward deliberate practice in the pursuit of uncommon excellence. I firmly believe the Unbeatable Mind System uniquely supports the process.
My desire for continued personal and professional growth led me to an Unbeatable Mind and Seal Fit in 2017. As an academic, I was intrigued by Mark Divine’s attempt to create an integrated system of self-development. As a practitioner, I was interested in implementing theories and techniques that Navy Seals successfully used. Finally, as a performer, I wanted to connect with others who believed in the UM values and world-centric mission. Over the years, I experienced and witnessed first-hand the transformative effect that the Unbeatable Mind System has on the body, mind, and spirit. It is not merely about becoming fitter, faster, and more productive. It leads to increased self-awareness and personal growth and sets the stage for real breakthroughs in what is possible, personally and professionally.
In short, every individual can make a success out of their life, regardless of their past. You do not need a hero to embrace; you can become your own. At the very least, you can become your own person, find your own pace, connect to, and serve others in a way that is expressive of your unique talents and capacities. There are no shortcuts or hacks. It takes hard work, and I am willing to take that journey with you and provide support and guidance along the way.
So why are you in the game? Let’s have a discussion.
- Master’s And Doctoral degrees in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology; Temple University
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching and Leadership, Naveen Jindal School of Management, University of Texas at Dallas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy; LaSalle University (Maxima Cum Laude)
- A frequent speaker on sport and exercise psychology, optimal human and team performance, and coach/leadership development.
- Peer-reviewed author and Adjunct Professor in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Founded Arete Fitness and Performance Training Inc., a mental and physical performance consulting company
- Co-Founded an international sport and performance consulting company.
- Certified Unbeatable Mind Coach
- Certified Exercise Physiologist (American College of Sports Medicine)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Volunteer youth sports coach and positive coaching advocate
- I currently reside with my wife, teenage son, and Goldendoodle in Hoboken, NJ. In my spare time, I obsessively digest books and listen to podcasts while running, rucking, lifting heavy things, obstacle course racing, golfing, skiing, biking, fishing, driving my 911, and discussing wine and microbrew discoveries.
Adam Wright, M.Ed, Ph.D.
Co-Founder & Director of Performance
Elevate Performance Group