Jim Brault’s purpose: To inspire and encourage everyone I touch to be their best.
There are three quotes that portray my passion and purpose:
The first is from Thomas Edison, who said, “If we all did the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.” This speaks to the amazing potential inside of all of us.
I love what Milton Erickson, MD said, “It is really amazing what people can do. Only they don’t know what they can do.” This speaks to the quest to discover what our potential really is.
The third is from Archilochus, who said, “We don’t rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.”
All of this has led me on a journey of discovering the most effective methods of training and coaching to enable the most profound changes in individuals, teams and organizations.
In short, here is my background and qualifications as a coach:
- Was a client of Unbeatable Mind / SEALFIT from 2012 – 2018, and was the COO / CEO of Unbeatable LLC from 2019 – 2021. I had the privilege of helping to launch the current coaching program, the Tip of the Spear, and the training Unbeatable does for companies. I was a Master Coach and Trainer for Unbeatable. I know this material at a deep level and can help you to learn and embody it in your life.
- Held the role of Chief Human Resources Officer for a Fortune 500 Company, and a CHRO and Board Director for a publicly listed company in the UK. I’ve coached dozens of C-Level Executives and know first-hand what the pressures and responsibilities are.
- Started and ran 4 businesses (2 in the coaching and training industry), so I can relate to the life of an entrepreneur
- Graduate of SEALFIT’s KOKORO™ 47 at the age of 54 (only 3 of us graduated and the other 2 are both Navy SEALs). I’ve trained 3 people to successfully complete Kokoro (one aged 59, and two in their 40s; one lost 40 lbs – she’s actually the oldest woman to complete Kokoro, and the other lost 100 lbs to get there). I’ve also been part of the staff at all the SEALFIT events from 2018 – 2021, so if that is in your future, I can help you get ready.
- Black Belts in two different martial arts and a Senior Instructor under Sifu Francis Fong, considered by many to be one of the world’s leading Wing Chun Kung Fu Instructors, which can help you with your mindset
- Certified teacher of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation, and have completed the Master Level (20,000 minutes) of Unbeatable Mind’s Box Breathing. Breath practice is critical to your development and I can help you develop your breath practices
- USA World Natural Powerlifting Federation US Powerlifting Champion (sounds more impressive than it actually is 🙂
- Master’s degree in Industrial and Labor Relations from Cornell University and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from SUNY Binghamton
- Owned and operated one of the most successful franchises of peak performance expert Anthony Robbins
- Creator of the Corporate University Xchange Award Winning EDGE program for developing global high potential talent
- Have been coaching for over 25 years with people from all over the world (I’ve also traveled to and worked in 28 countries, and lived in the US, Canada and the UK), so I have a good amount of experience, am comfortable with different cultures, and am constantly learning and growing to develop my skills
- I am a Certified Hypnotherapist with deep study in Ericksonian Hypnosis
- Was a member of the 6-person TEAM COURAGE which holds the World Record for Burpees in 24 hours (35,393)
- The author of four books: Lessons from the Masters, The Winning Mindset, A Path of Mastery, and the newly released: Easy Makes Us Weak: Forging Mental Toughness, Resilience and Character.
Jessie and I have been married for 37 years, and we have three adult children and 6 adorable grandchildren, and we live in Rochester, New York.
I would be honored to act as your coach and it would be a good fit if:
- you are willing to do the work (really)
- are open to development across all 5 mountains
If you think we are a good fit, then let’s make it happen!